Wednesday, September 25, 2013

"Networking For Newbs"

Hey Guys!
So tonight I had such a great experience
attending The Student Alumni Association's Annual "Networking for Newbs"
You may be wondering... well what exactly is that...?
Let me tell you how it went :)



 Right when I arrived I had the option of getting a professional head shot taken. The photographers will be sending the picture to me to use as a picture for LinkedIn, resumes, or any other resources you may need it for! It was way simple and how nice of them to do that for us students- for FREE!


Once finished with the headshots we had the privilege to hear from one of our former Student Body Presidents, Erik Mikkelsen. He spoke to us on the importance of networking, finding a good mentor, building a resume and pretty much how to succeed now and in the future! He gave tons of good tips that really changed the way I look at networking! Now some of you may be thinking... networking? That doesn't sound very exciting. Well let me tell you what! Erik really made it way entertaining and applicable! It was soo beneficial AND entertaining all in one!
 




OHHH and let's not forget about the food....





I mean... who doesn't LOVE Kneaders?!












"Networking for Newbs" was open to EVERY student on Campus! It's here for us! For Free! Strictly for our benefit! How great is that?! Not only is it a night set up to help us learn to succeed but it also was awesome being able to chat and get to know so many new people at the same time!
The Student Alumni Association is such a great way to get involved on campus. It creates so many networking opportunities such as this one! I would highly recommend getting involved with it! Everyone and Anyone Can! It's just one of the MANY opportunities you can choose from to get involved here at Utah State!  :)



If you're thinking to yourself.. dang... I wish I could've gone to that... well don't you fret! There will be another opportunity to do "Networking for Newbs" specifically around this time next year! Plus the Student Alumni Association will have multiple events that have to do with networking throughout the year! I know I'll be in attendance :)
Hopefully I'll see YOU there!
 
Keep on Keepin on!
 
GO AGGIES!!
 
xoxoxo
-Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment